HYFN Creative Internship
HYFN is a South Asian American fashion brand and storytelling platform. Our ethos and sensibility sits at the cusp of high fashion and streetwear, while telling stories that we live. Our mission is to create products, community and content in an effort to contribute to the larger cultural conversation. The brand will be officially launching this fall and we’re looking to build a team of incredibly talented, creatively inclined and fashion forward individuals to support the HYFN mission.
We’re looking for a Creative Intern who:
- Is plugged into and committed to the forward movement of the South Asian diaspora community
- Has a strong passion for brand building and is excited about contributing from the ground up
- Is interested in fashion, ecommerce and content creation
- Is hungry to grow and learn, while thinking outside the box and making things happen
- Wants to manifest dreams into reality
As part of our team you’ll get lots of experience working hand in hand with the founders of the brand. You will be part of a team that is creating a global brand from scratch. You’ll be involved in business development, e-commerce, marketing, design, and apparel production.
We’re a small team that is moving at a fast pace and are hungry to move faster and bigger. This internship is an opportunity to grow and drive meaningful change to support a community while developing your skills, broadening your network and creating dope content. We hope that our intern grows into a core part of the team working with us in a more full time capacity. During your time as an intern here you’ll be a part of the HYFN community and get invaluable mentorship and experience.
Responsibilities (included but not limited to the following):
- Day to day involvement on operations
- Assisting with all production needs including sourcing, shipping, and development
- Assisting in management of online retail platforms (knowledge of Shopify a plus)
- Content creation and social media
- Industry trends and research
- Assisting the team on various day-to-day tasks
- Brand outreach and communication
- Must be in NYC and available to work in office
- Must be available 5 days a week
- Must have knowledge and stay on top of art, music, influencers and pop culture within the South Asian diaspora
- Knowledge of social media channels and digital landscape
- Must be well-versed in Instagram and TikTok
- Basic knowledge of shooting and editing on DSLRs and iPhone (must work in Adobe Premiere Pro)
- Ability to focus on multiple projects at once and meet deadlines
- Collaborative team player with a positive attitude
- Prompt and reliable with communication and emails
- Experience working in fashion or e-commerce a plus
HYFN offices in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, NY
This is an unpaid internship, but HYFN will provide a stipend for meals and a monthly metro card.
How to apply:
If you’re the one and you belong here, complete the following application to be considered for the role: